Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The 10 years of KUMON

Hello readers.

I am going to tell you about my KUMON journey from 2005 to 2015

                First of all , I started Kumon when I was 4 years old, 22 August 2005 to be exact. I started my journey on Kumon Margorejo Indah. I learned Mathematics there. At first , I have no clue of anything when I started learning there. A few years past, then I started being friends with the teachers there, and made new friends. But after a while there , I started to get used to the environment there. Then a friend of my mom, told her to for me try Kumon English. At that time, the best English course in Surabaya was in Manyar Ketoardi, which is really close to my school, which is Cita Hati elementary school. Then my mother agreed to her friend, then I started to do Kumon English there at 1 February 2008 and I was 7 years old. It was actually a hard time at that time because at that time, I had to do my course at Kumon English which is located in Manyar Ketoardi when I came home from school, after that I have to do my course at Kumon Math which is located at Margorejo Indah, near my house. 

                This happened from 2008 , which was when I started kumon English, until 2009. After that , me and my mother started to tink ,"Hey, this is not efficient". Then I thought about that too. So, after a while, I said to the owner of the Kumon in Margorejo Indah that this is inefficient, so I got out of that Kumon and continue my journey at Kumon Manyar Ketoardi when I was 8. At Manyar Ketoardi, I met a lot of people that i have seen at Cita Hati, so I was actually really happy. Then, I got used to the environment. I studied there for awhile. Then I got a letter from them. It said that I got an achievement that I was 5 years and above beyond school grade level, and I was invited to a converence which was located at Supermall / PTC which is located in the West side of Surabaya. I was so excited because of what I heard is that I will get a trophy for getting this achievement, so I was really excited at that time.

                The time has come for me getting the trophy. I went inside the ballroom. It is a huge place where the parents and kids were seperated . The kids were in the front and the parents were in the back. This event happened to be on Sunday, and the event happened a couple of hours. I was given a seat next to my friends. It was getting a little bit boring for me and my friends. They were just saying about all of After that, when the event is going to end, they started giving us the trophies, then they asked us to go to the stage to get a photo session. The photo session is seperated by age. After that, I went home. I was really proud of my achievements because I never went to the conference before. My achievement in 2009 is my 3rd getting the trophy . My first one was when I was still in my old kumon course. After a while in kumon, I started meeting a lot of friends there, started being friends with the teachers there. 

                On the start of 2014, some of my friends started finishing kumon one by one. I started to lose hope on finishing kumon. At that time I was about level N in kumon Mathematics and K level in kumon English. Mathematics kumon ended on O level, and English kumon ended on L level.In Mathematics kumon, I wanted to continue, I can continue to level X. It is an addition to kumon Mathematics. This level consisted of XT, XV, XM, XP, and XS. After seeing that I almost finish both of my kumon subjects, I regained hope. So I started blazing through kumon Mathematics’ N level and English’ K level, after that, I finished the L level in kumon English, and finished the final test on the 24th of December 2014, and I finished the level O in Mathematics kumon and finished the final test in the 20th  of February 2014. Then , I decided to continue to the X level on kumon Mathematics.


                 I targeted myself to finish 3 months after I finish the final test of Mathematics kumon. That means to reach my target in May 2015. But at the end , I finished the X level in August 2015, which was 3 months of my target. Even though I did not reach my target, I was really happy because I finished kumon. For me , kumon made a huge impact for my life. Because of this course, I really like Mathematics right now, and I have joined some Mathematics competition.

This is some pictures of my trophies from Kumon:
2007
2008
2009
2010
2011
2012

.

2013
2014
The trophy of Completing Kumon
                                                                                                                         





All of the trophies I got



No comments:

Post a Comment